Jewellery Appraiser Expertise
David Conger, Graduate Gemologist (GIA)
David Conger has always been passionate about gemstones and jewellery. With over 40 years in the industry, and a strong education, he is respected in Ottawa as an expert jewellery appraiser. Most noteworthy is his residence Gemology studies at the Gemological Institute of America. Few appraisers have this quality of training.
- Mappins Jewellers, Ottawa, 1976 – 1979
- Graduate Gemologist, residence program, GIA campus, Santa Monica, CA., 1980
- Gemstone / Diamond Buyer and Jewellery Appraiser, Toronto, ACT II International and Karats, 1980-1981 (5-store chain)
- Founded Conger’s Gemmological Services Ltd in November 1981, an independent jewellery appraisal service
- Jewellery Appraiser for 30 fine retail stores, Ottawa area – 1981 to 1992
- Jewellery Appraiser for Revenue Canada, Customs & Excise, Ottawa area, 10 years, 1981-1991
- Called as an Expert Witness on several occasions
- Retail store owner (Conger’s Jewellers) 1992 – present
Look for the credentials of the jewellery appraiser on display. David Conger’s Graduate Gemologist diploma is visible in the store showroom.
A GIA Graduate Gemologist is an expert in gem identification, diamond grading, pearl and coloured stone grading.